Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Tiqah goes to Japan

It was a dream came true to get a chance to visit Japan.

I have been dreaming to go to Japan since I was in high school. I just adore of their culture and food. There was an interview for representing Malaysia for International Student Summit held in Tokyo University of Agriculture, Japan. It was my second interview. My first interview did not turn out well and I was not selected as a presenter. Instead, my very good friend Zuriani was selected. She became the main presenter and Zureen as the poster presenter. I was very sad at first because I really wish to go there along with them. It was on 2015.

This year, there was another interview for 16th International Student Summit and I was very eager to join it. Maybe it was fated that at first I was informed in an email that I was not selected, again. That time, I said to myself that it's okay, it was not meant for me this time too. Maybe one day I will go there on my own or furthers my study there. A week later, the lecturer advisor Prof Zainal, emailed me to meet him in the office. I was ecstatic!

I could not believe my ears that I was given a chance to present an educational poster in Japan! Well, actually I could not believe that I AM GOING TO JAPAN!



After about 3 months of preparation, on 23rd of September 2016 we're off to Japan~

Syafiq (Nano) and I took Air Asia X from Klia2 to Haneda Airport at 2.30pm and reached there at 10.30pm. We stayed at the airport until the next morning before our student assistant came to pick us. Our student assistant is Hanna :D





Hello Japan!

The weather was a little bit cold because of the rain. Since its the beginning of fall season, the wind is strong. Since I arrived in Tokyo, I just fell in love with every single things in Japan. :')

Tokyo Nodai :)

View from the dormitory

Me and Shimah!
The program started from 24th September until 2nd October. We stayed in the dormitory and it was awesome! The summit consist of several discussions and making some conclusions about agriculture all over the world. I felt small in the group because every single of them are very passionate and have wide knowledge about agriculture. I was very inspired,

Oh the food! I really like to taste them all but as we all know, we cannot just really eat what ever we want haha. We only ate seafood and vegetables. The taste was nice but sometimes, you would just miss Malaysian food. Luckily I brought some packed "serunding" and we always have them for our breakfast. The food price in Tokyo were quite pricey. Our lunch and would cost about RM32-40 per meal. The cheapest food would be the Onigiri, you can find it anywhere at the convenient store such as 7 Eleven.  Our student assistant were very cautious with our food. They would explain to us what we can buy or eat. We are very grateful!

During our time there, Keiko came to Nodai to meet me! I was happy to see her and we exchanged gift. I also met Keisuke and Mahiro. I could not believe that I would meet them again. 

in Asakusa

Keiko :3

i love you all!


I wish I could describe my feelings and my experiences a lot more details, in words. So now I would just post pictures and write captions haha.

trip to Railway Museum



so nice~

i told you, i would just love everything here, the sunset

we're going to Asakusa

the crazy funny Nano

3.1 session! Gabriel, Trizhia, Megumi, Haruka, Shimah, Nano, Martha, Hanna, Ryu, me and Madson :3


the awkward me and the big poster 

the food are just tastyyyy

me and Hanna!


The 10 days were not enough for me. I wish I had more time to explore Japan and to get know more of my new friends. 

Maybe I'll write more afterwards or someday because lately my vocabulary and ideas are quite restricted. I should read more haha.  This is my last semester before my internship. I hope that I could gain more experience. Wish me luck for my final year project and writings! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment