Saturday, May 18, 2019

Rainy night with Debu Bercahaya

It was a rainy night, and luckily there was no traffic jams or anything that would delayed the journey. It was a cold and alone kind of night. I had to lower down the car's window and switched off the air-conditioner. Seems like my gall bladder is cooperating with me this time. I still got 30 minutes journey to reach home. The ads on the radio was explaining about how great the new gate technology was, how safe it was, so I changed the radio stations when, "Debu bercahaya,..". Goosebumps.

It was rare to hear one of my favourite song from my favourite singer, Noh Salleh on the national radio. Have you ever had the feeling of that night drive was kind of therapeutic when accompanied with a good playlist. I felt like crying all of the sudden. 

From my interpretation, this song was about a journey of moving forward. It varies on how the definitions of the song to others. As for me, the song was telling you of how much you miss someone or something unreachable and couldn't do much about it, just embrace that feeling. You can't really undo the past. How far that you will be, you will always carry them. It may hurt you at the deepest of your soul, but somehow you just have to let it pass. Take the second chance of life that you were granted and make the best out of you. That past is your catalyst for your present and future. Be ease with yourself.

Maybe that's why it is called 'Debu Bercahaya'. As for ashes to ignites and continues to burn. 

The video clip of this song showed that Noh was on his bike and had a long journey to meet up with his friends. I don't know why I felt overwhelmed when I first watched the video, because when I first started listening to Hujan, I was in high school. At the age of 13/14 and now I am already reaching the age of 25. Noh looks really matured now and yeah, we are getting old. His music also mature wisely with his age. Hujan band is currently in their hiatus, so we have to wait for another 2 years for their comeback. Hoping for the best! 

Looking forward for more great music, Noh Salleh!

No comments:

Post a Comment