Saturday, August 7, 2021

5 Songs To Listen During A Heartbreak

 Last year, I have a thought of writing an article about songs that totally could relate with my situations, and somehow shove them to my ex's face. Then, I realised if that person doesn't give a damn about you, hurt you in many ways, why would they care at all? Would that person be sorry for what they did to you, or they just want to get rid of the guiltiness. I may sound like a bitter person but trust me, you do not want to hurt yourself more than it should. 

How do I feel now? Well life has never been the same. Sometimes your brain do stupid things like revisiting memories with them in your dream and made you feel sad when you wake up. However, I never felt better. I no longer have to tolerate bullshit and just focusing what I love in this life. Currently I am doing both of things that I enjoyed, writing and music. It's a bonus too to discover some great music in our local scene. 

Alright, 5 songs to hear during a heartbreak, early warning because I know you don't supposed to listen sad songs but it's okay to embrace your feelings. Do not worry, one day you will move on and have a new wonderful thoughts of love and relationship. It is supposed for you to feel hurt with a wrong person because the right one would never do you the same. I guess these songs also represent the 5 stages of grief which are :  denial and isolation, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance.

1. Falling - Harry Styles

This song I tell you, was really the saddest song I have ever heard during the first weeks of heartbreak. Imagine that whenever you listen to this song, especially where the part goes "and I get the feeling that you'll never need me again", it feels like someone crushes your heart. This is the phase where you are at the most fragile state. Everything you do reminds you of them, their favourite song, favourite place to go and you just couldnt stop thinking how hard it was not being with your most favourite person at that time.



2. Jealous - Labrinth

It is hard to see someone you loved, started dating again only after 2 months you broke up. Especially when they told you they were never ready to love, and the relationship was never wanted initially. What an excuse! I admit sometimes I just wish they would be hurt as the way that they did and regret everything, but not everything will come out according to your plan. Sometimes you just wish they would never come back.



3. Berlalulah Mantan Kekasihku - Wani Ardy

From the title itself, it explain how the person never wanted to see their exes again. They would only bring you pain, when you finally have a grasp in life. Even by their name, would trigger your sadness and started to feel hopeless. "Udaraku cukup sempurna selagi kita tidak bertemu mata,"

4. Turn On the Lights (Or You'll Hurt Your Eyes) - Advents

"How did you do it? How could you forget me easily," Yeah this song is kinda simple but try to listen to this song and at the end of the song you could hear the singer almost break his voice, it made you feel related to the song. You feel tired struggling with your own emotions and wondering if you would be enough for anyone. Breakups sucks maynn! 

5. Kota - Dere

For me, this song is really a masterpiece. Every single lines of the lyrics and the music delivers how the feeling of loneliness and somehow reminiscing good things you had before. "Udara mana kini kau hirup, hujan di mana kini yang kau peluk, di mana pun kau kini rindu tentangmu tak pernah pergi," 


I guess that was it! There are a lot more of sad songs in my Spotify playlist but these few are the most I could relate to. Kindly suggest me some good sad songs you ever heard, and let us be sad together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment